Finding the right company / contractor to trust with your next home improvement project!
* Attention Home Owners
I want to share with you my opinion on the most successful was to choose the right home improvement company or contractor to start & complete your next home improvement project.
A.) 1st – Do your homework
· Find a company by the following ways:
· Personal referral
· Direct mail advertisement
· Yellow Pages
· TV Commercials
B.) Make sure the company you call has been in business for a while. (10 – 20 Years)
· Chances are, if they have been in business for a while they do good work and will be around in case you need a service on the work they have done for you.
* Make sure the company has the proper state license
· Building License
C.) Make sure the company has the proper insurances
· Workman’s Compensation
D.) Make sure the company has been lead abated certified
· This is required if your house was built in 1978 or before for the company / contractor to be able to work on your home.
E.) Ask for job referrals in conjunction with the type of work you are having done
· If they cannot provide this, chances are they have not performed that kind of work to any extent which should worry you to what the out come will be.
F.) Ask how long the workers / tradesman that will be working on your home have been working for the company
· This is important because companies that have a big turnover in workers tend to not have the best qualified people to trust with your project.
· This can happen when a company does not want to pay their tradesman proper wages and results in less qualified help that is willing to work for less. Imagine this being the case with your doctor’s office or dentist office.
G.) When you have chosen the company to receive your estimates from, keep the following in mind
· It’s almost impossible to get the most for the least.
· If it seems to good to be true, it most likely isn’t true.
· You DO NOT have to go with the highest estimate to ensure the best job.
· If someone offers something of value for free, this should set off red flags on the warranty for you. This is simply an insult to your intelligence. Remember, a bottle of water cost you a dollar today.
Home Base Home Improvement wishes everybody the best in your search. Remember, Home Base, Inc.
DOES IT ALL!!
Call for your FREE in home estimate
(313) 382-3131 or (866) 849-2300
Home Base, Inc.